Changi Airport in Singapore takes the top spot, dethroning last year’s winner, Hammad International Airport Doha, now ranking in second place.
According to Skytrax’s website, “They are regarded as a quality benchmark for the world airport industry, assessing customer service and facilities across over 500 airports.” The ranking is based on the Airport customer satisfaction survey that Skytrax launched in 1999.
The website also states that: “There is no entry fee or any type of payment by an airport (or other third party) to be included in the survey or awards, with the survey and awards process fully funded by Skytrax.
It further elaborates, “The survey is commissioned, managed and funded by Skytrax. There is no cost for any airport to be included, and all airport nominations and availability to vote for an individual airport is the sole choice of the survey user. Skytrax developed the reputation of the survey by strictly adhering to a policy of no entrance fee, subscriptions, or any type of payment from an airport.”
Here’s a look at the world’s top ten airports voted by customers from across the globe in the 2022-2023 World Airport Survey.
We are honoured to receive our 12th World’s Best Airport Award by Skytrax! 🥳— Changi Airport (@ChangiAirport) March 15, 2023
We couldn’t have done it without your support and the dedication of our airport community. Thank you and we look forward to welcoming you to Changi Airport! ✨
Find out more: https://t.co/rptQFYMPfC pic.twitter.com/6YbL4nqXNi
- Singapore Changi Airport has been named as the World’s Best Airport in 2023 in the World Airport Awards held at Passenger Terminal EXPO in Amsterdam on 15th March 2023. The airport likewise was named winner as the World’s Best Airport Dining and World’s Best Airport Leisure Amenities.
2. Hammad International Airport, Doha ranked second in the world after being the winner in 2021 and 2022. They also won these three top awards: World’s Best Airport Shopping, Best Airport in the Middle East, and the Cleanest Airport in the Middle East.
READ ALSO: Japan In A Heartbeat: When Wanderlust Wins
3. Taking the global number three spot is Tokyo Haneda Airport, while retaining their awards as: the World’s Cleanest Airport, the World’s Best Domestic Airport, and the Best Airport PRM & Accessible Facilities.
4. Incheon Airport in Seoul has been recognized fourth globally, while taking the awards for World’s Best Airport Staff Service, World’s Best Airport Immigration Processing, and Best Airport Staff in Asia.
5. Coming in number five globally is Paris Charles de Gaulle Airport, the largest international airport in France, which is the principal hub for Air France.
The winner of “World’s Best Airport” goes to…. Singapore. 🏆— Bloomberg Quicktake (@Quicktake) March 16, 2023
Singapore’s Changi edged Doha’s Hamad International Airport into second place, with Tokyo’s Haneda Airport bagging third, in the Skytrax World Airport Awards 2023 https://t.co/OWLSevo3lS pic.twitter.com/YwX8qOzROz
6. Ranking sixth in the world is Istanbul Airport, the primary international airport for Instanbul, Turkey with one terminal for domestic and international flights.
7. Number seven is Munich Airport with more than 150 retail stores and about 50 places for eating and drinking. It is the second busiest airport in Germany while serving as secondary hub for Lufthansa German Airlines.
8. At number eight world ranking and located 12 kilometers from downtown Zurich is Zurich Airport, the busiest airport in Switzerland making it the main hub of Swiss International Air Lines.
9. Tokyo Narita Airport has ranked ninth globally and is an international hub for Japan Airlines and All Nippon Airways, serving the Greater Tokyo Area.
10. At number 10 in the world is Madrid Barajas Airport which is a crucial connection point for travels between Europe and Latin America, serving the main airport of Madrid as well as being the main hub for Iberia.
Click here for the A to Z selection of 2023 winners and here for the list of Skytrax Airport of the Year awardees since 2000.
Banner photo via Instagram @changiairport.